Convert Text to Speech
One of my clients has finally put her prices up after having a business finance mentoring session with me a few years ago. This was one of my recommendations during that session but it has to be the right time for the client. They have to be confident in their product or service before increasing prices. Usually, they get to this stage by learning through trial and error.
However, having business finance mentoring can lessen the time it takes and the number of mistakes they make! It’s a great time to reassess your business or personal finance knowledge – or lack of – as you head towards the end of the calendar year. And do something about it!
Have you ever considered having a mentor? Questions that have been on your to-do list for ages can be cleared through mentoring and you will benefit from someone with experience who can ensure that you stick to a plan of action.
Basically, I take the stress out of finances – both business and personal. From running my own business and helping others to run theirs, I know how important it is to ask for help so that you can move forward.
However, you need to do your research and make sure your mentor is right for you. I have lots of experience in mentoring others and each mentee needed completely different assistance and support. This can be seen by these testimonials below:
“Working with Anna makes everything seem alright again. You can have a spaghetti-tangle of a book recording situation and she calmly and professionally makes sense of it all.
Anna has such a reassuring style, she’s able to advise and assist without ever seeming to judge, so my ineptitude with numbers is never a problem!
I’d recommend working with Anna if you need someone to help you see the wood from the trees and sort your financial housekeeping without causing a fuss.”
“Anna helped me with techniques to manage my money better. I found her expertise helpful and something I will put into practice.“
“My mentoring sessions with Anna helped me to realise exactly where I am with my personal and business finances. The personalisation of Anna’s service has allowed me to ask specific questions I have had for a long time but didn’t know how to find the answers to. I now know where I am going in terms of business growth and feel much clearer in my direction.”
The Questions You Need To Ask Before You Choose Your Mentor
- How many people have you mentored?
- What types of people, businesses have you mentored?
- Can I speak to anyone you are currently mentoring?
- What is your area of expertise?
- Can I ask you questions after the session?
- Will the mentoring be as effective on the phone or by Zoom/Skype if it can’t be face to face?
I always feel very privileged to be able to mentor people as it shows a high level of trust in me. It is a two-way conversation as the mentee gains great value from the session, but the mentor does too.
What My Clients Have Got Out Of Mentoring:
- A safe place to brainstorm their ideas
- Answers to their questions
- Clarity in their next steps
- Inspiration for business direction
- Increased knowledge in a specific subject area
- Knowing they are not alone as they move forward
What I Get Out Of A Mentoring Session:
- Using my troubleshooting skills
- Knowing that I have made a difference
- Meeting different people and hearing about their experiences
- Improving a client’s financial knowledge; thereby encouraging them to grow their business or improve their personal finances.
Give it some thought. Is the time right for you to have business finance mentoring? Maybe you have been on furlough but have now been made redundant? Do you need some help planning your next move? Perhaps you have had to change the nature of your business in 2020? Business finance mentoring would help you to feel more confident as you move into 2021.
Next week will be about understanding the power of budgeting.