Anti-money laundering videos
The four videos cover:
- Risk assessments for anti-money laundering supervision which explains:
- how to identify and assess the risks to your business
- how to implement and maintain internal controls
- How to keep records for anti-money laundering supervision? which explains:
- how long you must keep your records for
- what records you must keep
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity for anti-money laundering supervision which explains:
- what is a suspicious activity report?
- how to submit a suspicious activity report
- Training your employees to comply with money laundering regulations which explains:
- what training you should provide
- what training records you should keep
The videos can be found here: anti-money laundering supervision
The Help to Save scheme — extended to April 2025
The Help to Save government savings scheme for low-income earners has been extended to April 2025.
Savers can deposit between £1 and £50 a month into their account and will receive a government bonus, even if money has been withdrawn.
Savers will earn a 50 pence bonus for every £1 saved and the bonus payments are paid in the second and fourth years. This means that someone saving £2,400, the maximum amount they could deposit over four years, would receive a £1,200 bonus from the government paid directly into their bank account.
Setting up a Help to Save account online is quick and easy to do and takes less than 5 minutes to sign up.
Find out how individuals are eligible to apply for the Help to Save scheme by:
Time to Pay for VAT customers — self-serve
HMRC is providing a new service to help make it easier for VAT customers to pay what they owe.
Where you are unable to pay your VAT in full, you may be able to set up a Time to Pay arrangement. This is where you can pay what you owe in affordable monthly instalments.
The eligibility criteria for this service:
- be a VAT customer
- have VAT debt which is less than 28 days old from the payment due date
- have VAT debt which is less than £20k in value
- not have any other debts or Time to Pay payment plans
- be up to date with all tax returns
- be authorised to set up a direct debit mandate